To facilitate fiber-optic drilling for the UC2B project, Western Utility Contractors, Inc. will be intermittently closing the following lanes in Champaign:
- Bradley Avenue – one westbound lane between McKinley and Chestnut
- Kirby Avenue – one eastbound lane between Mattis and Prospect
- Prospect Avenue – one southbound lane between Kirby and Windsor
- Neil Street – one northbound lane between Bradley and Bellefontaine
- Mattis Avenue – one northbound lane between Kirby and Windsor
As construction progresses along these streets the lane closures will move with the construction. The lane closures will continue through the beginning of April 2012 as needed. The lane closures will generally occur between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in these areas. Where necessary, once through an area, the lane will be reopened with temporary pavement patches. Western Utility will return to permanently restore these areas once weather and schedule allows.