The City of Champaign Neighborhood Services Department is proud to announce for the fourth year a call to the public for STAR Awards nominations.
The STAR Awards program encourages the public to recognize those exceptional individuals or groups of individuals who volunteer their time, talents, resources and energy to assist in our neighborhoods and community. Nominations are made by individuals of the community who engage civically and take the time to honor someone they feel deserves recognition for their community service. Using established criteria, award selections are made by members of the Neighborhood Services Advisory Board who volunteer their time to help improve the quality of life in Champaign. Citizens can make nominations for individuals and/or groups in the eight different categories listed below:
1. Neighborhood Leadership - 2012 Winner – Rev. Dr. Eugene Barnes
2. Neighborhood of the Year – 2012 Winner – Draper/Healey Neighborhood Group
3. Neighborhood-Community Building - 2012 Winner – Mary Howell
4. Business-Neighborhood Partnership - 2012 Winner – Williams Jones
5. Good Neighbor Award – 2012 Winner – Paul and Mary Ann Keith
6. Community Partner – 2012 Winner – Austin’s Place
7. Difference Maker – 2012 Winner – Sally Carter, Nancy Taylor
8. Rising Star – 2012 Winner – Ranija Turner
The City of Champaign urges all community residents to get involved in this effort by nominating worthy individuals or groups for a STAR Award. The service or deed must have occurred in Champaign during the 2012 calendar year. Citizens can submit STAR Award nominations to the Neighborhood Services Department until February 25, 2012 in one of the following ways: online at www.ci.champaign.il.us/star , or by using the nomination forms located at the City of Champaign Neighborhood Services Department and mail or hand deliver them to the City of Champaign Neighborhood Services Department, 102 N Neil Street.
Pictures, videos, news articles, or any other relevant supporting exhibits are encouraged.
For additional information on the STAR Awards Program, visit www.ci.champaign.il.us/star or contact Neighborhood Services at (217) 403-7070.
Submit a nomination today to recognize those that make a difference in our community!