The City of Champaign 2013 Spring Yard Waste Collection has been scheduled and will start with the Orange Zone on Monday, April 1, 2013. Blue Zone collections will begin on Monday, April 8. Collections will continue to alternate on subsequent weeks through April 26, 2013.
- The collection is available to all residential properties within the City limits.
- Materials must be in 30-gallon paper yard waste bags. NO PLASTIC BAGS OR CONTAINERS.
- Twigs and branches may be bundled with non-metallic twine or placed in paper yard waste bags. Branches cannot be larger than 2 inches in diameter and 3 1/2 feet long. Bundles cannot be larger than 18 inches in diameter.
- Materials must be placed within ten feet of the curb of a public street by 6 a.m. to ensure pickup on your scheduled day.
- On heavier collection days, pickup may be later than normal or even the next day. If materials have not been collected by the day after the scheduled collection, please contact the Public Works at 217.403.4700 to report.
For residents outside the City, or for materials not fitting the above requirements, landscape materials may be taken (for a fee) to the Landscape Recycling Center at 1210 E. University Avenue in Urbana (217.344.5323).