UPCOMING EVENTS TO AFFECT TRAVEL AND PARKING
Champaign -The upcoming Blues, Brews and BBQ Festival in Downtown Champaign and the Bloomington Gold Corvette Show near the State Farm Center and Downtown Champaign, will affect travel and parking beginning Tuesday, June 25 – Monday, July 1. The City of Champaign wishes to provide information about these closures to inform citizens of the potential for affected travel during these times. The City encourages citizens to use alternative routes and alternative modes of transportation when possible. Maps of the affected areas are provided.
Campus Area – Near the State Farm Center
- Fourth Street – between Kirby Ave and St. Mary’s Road – Closed Tuesday, June 25, 1pm – Sunday, June 30, 11pm
- St. Mary’s Road – between First St. and Fourth St.. – Closed Wednesday, June 26, 1pm – Sunday, June 30
- First Street – between Kirby and St. Mary’s Road – Closed Wednesday June 26, 1pm – 6pm
- First Street – between Irwin Dr. and St. Mary’s Road AND Kirby Avenue between Oak St. and Fourth St. – Closed during the following time periods
- Thursday, June 27; 9am – 6pm
- Friday, June 28; 6am – 6pm
- Saturday, June 29; 6am – 6pm
- Sunday, June 30; 7am – 6pm
- The City parking lot located at Washington St. and Walnut St. – Closed Thursday, June 27, 3am – Monday, July 1, 5am
- The following streets will be closed Friday, June 28, 6am to Sunday, June 30, 5pm
- Walnut Street – between Washington St. and Main St
- Washington Street – between Neil St. and Walnut St.
- Fremont Street (north of the News Gazette building to Washington St.)
- On Saturday, June 29 4pm – Sunday, June 30 2 am the following areas will also be closed off to traffic to allow for the Bloomington Gold Corvette Show to display the Corvettes.
- Neil Street – between Hill St. and Springfield Ave. (University Ave will remain open for bus traffic only)
- Church Street – between Randolph St. and Neil St.
- Park Street – between Randolph St. and Neil St.
- Main Street – between Neil St. and Chestnut St.
- Chester Street – between Neil St. and Market St.
- Walnut Street – between Main St. and Chester St.
- Walnut Street – between University Ave. and Logan St.
- Market Street – between Main St. and University Ave.
- Chestnut Street – between Main St. and University Ave.
- The City parking lot located at Neil St. & Washington St.
- The City parking lot located at Main St. & Market St.
- The Busey Bank parking lots near Randolph St. and University Ave.
- The private parking lot behind the Robeson building north of Park St. and east of Randolph St.
- The Christie Clinic parking lots at the main building at Randolph St. and University Ave. and the additional parking at Logan St. and Market St.
Other Closure Information
- Additionally, on Saturday, June 29 the Bloomington Gold Road Tour will occur from Champaign to Monticello starting at 6pm. This will cause temporary delays at certain intersections manned by the University of Illinois Police and the City of Champaign Police Departments.