June was an extremely busy month at Public Works. A total of 940 service requests from citizens and City staff were recorded during June 2013. This count increased by 536 (133%) requests compared to the 404 requests that were received in May. The chart below tracks the number of requests recorded each day by staff.
Thirty-seven (4%) of the total number of service requests were submitted through SeeClickFix, a mobile phone application.
The pickup of debris from the May 31 storm was set up as a special project for the Sewer Section to handle. They received 285 (30%) requests for pick up. The Sewer Section was also responsible for their normal sewer calls and other miscellaneous requests totaling 148(16%) in number. So combined, the Sewer Section responded to a total of 433 (46%) service requests in June. The Forestry Section was second. They received 352 (37%) requests.
The most requested service was for pick up of storm debris with 281 requests. Second most frequent call was reporting storm damaged trees that needed attention with 192 requests. Third was the request to pick up tree limbs and branches that were in the right-of-way with 39 calls.