As summer turnover begins at the University of Illinois, the City of Champaign and local non-profit agencies are continuing their effort to encourage the students living in multi-family buildings, fraternities, sororities, and private certified housing to donate any unwanted items that can be resold or reused.
Two dates have been scheduled for drop off:
- Tuesday, August 6, 2013, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. behind 906-910 S. First Street, in a City parking lot (sponsored by Roland Realty)
- Saturday, August 10, 2013, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 201 E. Green Street, in a parking lot (sponsored by Campus Property Management)
The goal of these events is to provide a convenient location for residents in the Campus area that are moving out during the August turnover week to bring any of the following items for resale: non-perishable food, furniture, appliances, electronics, backpacks, clothing, artwork, books, and CDs.
The City events will also have Feed-the-Thing containers for recycling items as well. The goals are to reduce the amount of materials entering the waste stream and support local non-profit agencies.
Residents can always donate items to local non-profit agencies throughout the year, but it is good to call and check with them first.
- University YMCA Dump and Run – (217) 337-1500 (Pick up available May and mid-August)
- Habitat Restore – (217) 819-5118
- Salvation Army Thrift Store – (217) 373-7825