The upcoming Mariposa Music Festival in Downtown Champaign will affect travel and parking on Saturday, July 12. The City of Champaign wishes to provide information about these closures to inform citizens of the potential for affected travel during these times. The City encourages citizens to use alternative routes and alternative modes of transportation when possible.
On Saturday, July 12, 11:00 am – Sunday, July 13, 5:00 am the following streets will be closed off to traffic to allow for the event to take place (including setup and cleanup):
- Neil Street – between Hill St. and Park St.
- Walnut Street – between Main St. and Chester St.
- Chester Street – between Neil St. and Market St.
- Church Street – between Neil St. and the Hyatt Place entrance.
- The City parking lot at Neil St. and Washington St. will be available for public parking.
- The Hill Street Parking Deck will be available for public parking until the deck reaches capacity.
- There are other City and private parking lots that may be available for parking. Please read any signage upon entering the lot carefully to avoid ticketing and possible towing.
For specific info about the event, please visit http://champaignparkdistrict.com/