Citizens and City staff submitted 693 total requests during July 2014. This was a 55% increase over June’s 448 calls, a huge leap by 245 requests. The chart below tracks the number of requests recorded each day by staff. The greatest number of calls, 152, was recorded on July 12 following a large rainfall. Citizens using the mobile phone application, SeeClickFix, reported 52 (7.5%) issues.
The Sewer Section received 252 (36%) of the service requests. The Sewer Section also received 72 (10%) miscellaneous requests for a total of 324 (46%) responses. The Forestry Section followed closely with 208 (30%) service requests. The most frequent call was to report sewer backups with a total of 147 (21%) requests. The second most frequent call was to request the pickup of tree branches in the right-of-way with 66 (9.5%). In third place, was the report of standing water in the street with 36 (5%) calls.