Welcome to the Community Relations Office
The Community Relations Office (CRO) serves as a link between the City Manager’s Office and the community. The Community Relations team ensures equal opportunity and fair treatment for citizens through public information, education and enforcement of the City’s Human Rights Ordinance and Equal Opportunity and Purchasing Ordinance.
- Human Rights Ordinance Training Outline (PPT) | (DOCX)
- Discrimination Complaints: Learn the process for filing a complaint
- Police Complaint / Commendation
- Equal Opportunity Purchasing Ordinance
- Minority Business Directory Minority Business Directory Inclusion Form
- Summer Youth Employment Program – The City of Champaign and Unit 4 Schools have partnered together to provide approximately 200 youth a positive, educational and motivational summer work experience.
- Campus Community Connection: Our collaboration with the Office of the Dean of Students at the University of Illinois ensures students and residents have exposure to resources available to them as citizens residing in Champaign and Urbana.
- The City of Champaign is a proud member of the Champaign Community and Police Partnership, a group of community members committed to improving community and police relations.
- Americans with Disabilities Act
This nine member panel, appointed by the Mayor, is responsible for promoting and advising the City Council on human rights and equal opportunity issues
Community Relations Events
CRO sponsors two major recognition ceremonies annually and participates in additional community-building activities throughout the year.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Countywide Celebration – Honor Champaign County individuals and organizations that have made outstanding contributions, consistent with the philosophy and mission of Dr. King in community service, humanitarian work and the promotion of equal rights.
- Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards – A celebration recognizing the achievements of Champaign County’s international commitment to agriculture, hospitality, humanitarian relief, human rights, research/education, trade and business.