Honor. Celebrate. Educate.
The Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards (CUIHA) recognizes the achievements of Champaign County’s international commitment to agriculture, hospitality, humanitarian relief, human rights, research/education, trade and business.
2015 Award Recipients Announced!
The purpose of the International Humanitarian Award is:
- to honor individuals whose work has contributed significantly to international understanding, cooperation, friendship and development;
- to recognize the richness of Champaign County’s international contributions, concerns and commitments in the following categories: agriculture, hospitality, humanitarian relief, human rights, research/education and trade and business; and
- to educate the public about the connections which exist between our local community and the global community.
- Regina K. Lee ~ Research & Education Award
- Central Illinois Mosque & Islamic Center ~ Hospitality Award
- Wedding of the Lamb Church ~ Hospitality Award
Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards Event
The 2015 Awards Program will be held on Thursday, September 3, 2015, 5:45 p.m. at I Hotel & Conference Center, 1900 S. First Street, Champaign. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are available through the Champaign Community Relations Office, 102 N. Neil Street, Champaign or by calling 217/403-8830.