Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards (CUIHA)
2016 Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards (CUIHA) Gala
The 2016 CUIHA Gala will be held on Thursday, September 8, 2016, at Champaign’s Hilton Garden Inn starting at 5:45 pm. Tickets must be purchased in advance from the Community Relations Office. Call 217-403-8830 for more information.
2016 Award Recipients
- Dr. Omar Al-Heeti ~ Humanitarian Relief Award
- DoMonique Arnold ~ Human Rights Award
- Leanna Cossman ~ Humanitarian Relief Award
- Mi Raza Community Center ~ Hospitality Award
- Walking With Angels ~ Research and Education Award
Honor. Celebrate. Educate.
The Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards (CUIHA) recognizes the achievements of Champaign County’s international commitment to agriculture, hospitality, humanitarian relief, human rights, research/education, trade and business.
The purpose of the International Humanitarian Award is:
- to honor individuals whose work has contributed significantly to international understanding, cooperation, friendship and development;
- to recognize the richness of Champaign County’s international contributions, concerns and commitments in the following categories: agriculture, hospitality, humanitarian relief, human rights, research/education and trade and business; and
- to educate the public about the connections which exist between our local community and the global community.
2015 Award Recipients
- Regina K. Lee ~ Research & Education Award
- Central Illinois Mosque & Islamic Center ~ Hospitality Award
- Wedding of the Lamb Church ~ Hospitality Award
Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards Event
More than 150 people attended the 2015 Awards Program on September 3, 2015, at the I Hotel & Conference Center in Champaign. The event featured entertainment from Nathaniel Banks and Friends, Ghungroo Dance Team, and Priscilla Tso. Mike Haile served as the Master of Ceremony. The Asian American Cultural Center hosted the art exhibition.