Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards (CUIHA)
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS!
For the Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards Gala
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS EXTENDED TO JULY 5, 2016
2016 Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards Gala
The 2016 Awards Gala will be held on Thursday, September 8, 2016, 5:45 p.m. at Hilton Garden Inn, 1501 S. Neil Street, Champaign.
Honor. Celebrate. Educate.
The Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards (CUIHA) recognizes the achievements of Champaign County’s international commitment to agriculture, hospitality, humanitarian relief, human rights, research/education, trade and business.
The purpose of the International Humanitarian Award is:
- to honor individuals whose work has contributed significantly to international understanding, cooperation, friendship and development;
- to recognize the richness of Champaign County’s international contributions, concerns and commitments in the following categories: agriculture, hospitality, humanitarian relief, human rights, research/education and trade and business; and
- to educate the public about the connections which exist between our local community and the global community.
2015 Award Recipients
- Regina K. Lee ~ Research & Education Award
- Central Illinois Mosque & Islamic Center ~ Hospitality Award
- Wedding of the Lamb Church ~ Hospitality Award
Champaign-Urbana International Humanitarian Awards Event
The 2015 Awards Program was held on Thursday, September 3, 2015, 5:45 p.m. at I Hotel & Conference Center, 1900 S. First Street, Champaign and was attended by over 150 people. This event featured entertainment from Nathaniel Banks and Friends, Ghungroo Dance Team, and Priscilla Tso. Mike Haile served as the Master of Ceremony. The Asian American Cultural Center hosted this year’s art exhibition.