In addition to a high quality of life and exceptional cultural opportunities, Champaign provides a positive business environment for high technology companies, agricultural and medical research, light industry and distribution facilities, and retail developments.
Champaign promotes economic stability and growth through sound planning and development programs including Industrial Development incentives, Enterprise Zone incentives, Tax Increment Finance Districts, development programs in the downtown and campustown and capital improvements planning and construction.
The Economic Development Office
We lead the economic development initiative of the City and provide communication and staff support on a broad range of development activities including communication with private developers, existing local industries and businesses, and other agencies.
New Business Opportunities for Developers
- Industrial Sites
Programs and Services
We work to build positive relationships between the City, the business community and the Chamber of Commerce to promote and manage development programs including:
- Urbana Champaign Big Broadband (UC2B)
- Industrial Development Incentives
- Redevelopment Incentive Program
- Enterprise Zone
- Infill Development
- High Tech Incentives
- Tax Increment Finance Districts
Economic Development Agencies
Champaign conducts economic development activities through a number of allied organizations.
- The Champaign County Economic Development Corporation provides marketing, site selection and economic development coordination for the region.
- The Champaign County Chamber of Commerce provides business services, information and support to a wide range of business in the Champaign-Urbana area.
- The Champaign County Convention and Visitors Bureau promotes the county as a convention and tourism destination.
City Council members and our Economic Development team also serve on these boards to represent the City and its interests.
For More Information
Deputy City Manager for Development
102 N. Neil St.
Champaign, IL 61801