skip to content
- Contact the Champaign County Clerk at 1776 E. Washington, Urbana, 384-3720 to register your business name.
- Contact the Illinois Department of Revenue for sales tax information. Call their office in Springfield at 217-785-6518 or 217-782-8517
- Contact the City of Champaign Planning Department, 102 N. Neil, Champaign, 403-8800, for zoning information. Also contact this department for a sign permit if you plan to put up a sign to advertise your business.
- Contact the City of Champaign Building Safety Division, 307 S. Randolph, Champaign, 403-6100, for building permits if applicable.
- If you plan to install, or there is an existing alarm system, please contact the City of Champaign Alarm Program by phone at (888) 408-9026, or online.
- If your business includes the preparation and/or sale of food, please contact the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District, Environmental Services Division, 201 W. Kenyon Rd., Champaign, 373-7900. Public Health now also issues the City of Champaign Food Services Establishment license. Liquor licenses are handled by the Mayor’s Office at 403-8720.
- The City of Champaign requires licenses for certain types of businesses, listed below. Please contact the Finance Department at 403-8940 for additional information.
Business Licensing and Information