Building permits are processed simultaneously by three City departments in order to make the process more efficient. When a building permit application is submitted to Building Safety at the Champaign Fire Department, it is separated into its component parts and routed to whichever individual inspectors need to review a particular application. All departments welcome the chance to review particular portions of applications prior to their formal submission in order to make the permitting process proceed smoothly.
Applications for Building Permits
- Building Permit – New or Addition (includes Grading and Erosion)
- Building Permit – Alteration or Repair/Replace
- Grading & Drainage Permit
- Class I Land Disturbance (Erosion) Permit
- Class II Land Disturbance (Erosion) Permit
- Electrical Permit
- HVAC Permit
- Plumbing Permit
- Sprinkler Permit
- Demolition Permit
- House Move Permit
- Tent Permit
e-Permits for 1&2 Family Dwellings
e-Permits provides an option for customers to submit their permit application and plans and receive their permit via e-mail. The permit applications below are fillable PDF files that should be saved to your desktop. Building plans should be to scale in PDF files. Plans are not required with application for e-Electrical, e-HVAC or e-Plumbing permits. Once the permit application and plans are reviewed and approved, Building Safety will call the applicant, take a credit card number for payment, and then e-mail the permit to the applicant.
E-mail the completed application and plans as separate attachments to: email@example.com
- e-Building Permit – New or Addition (includes Grading and Erosion)
- e-Building Permit – Alteration or Repair/Replace
- e-Electrical Permit
- e-HVAC Permit
- e-Plumbing Permit
Having trouble with PDF permit applications?
1. Save a blank application to your desktop for reuse.
2. Use the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Download Free Adobe PDF Reader XI here.