skip to content
- Wear loose fitting, lightweight, warm clothing in several layers (the trapped air between the layers insulates). Layers can be removed to avoid perspiration and subsequent chill.
- Wear outer garments that are tightly woven, water repellent, and hooded.
- Wear a hat (half of body heat is lost through the top of the head).
- Wear mittens that are snug at the wrist. Mittens offer better protection. Gloves allow your fingers to cool much faster than mittens do.
- Cover the mouth and nose with scarves to help protect lungs from cold air.
- Attempt to keep your feet as dry as possible. Wear wool socks.