Economic Development Division
In addition to a high quality of life and exceptional cultural opportunities, Champaign provides a positive business environment for high technology companies, agricultural and medical research, light industry and distribution facilities, and retail developments.
Champaign promotes economic stability and growth through sound planning and development programs including Industrial Development incentives, Enterprise Zone incentives, Tax Increment Finance Districts, development programs in the downtown and campustown and capital improvements planning and construction.
Programs and Services
- Industrial Development Incentives
- Infill Development
- High Tech Incentives
- Enterprise Zone
- Hotel/Conference Center
- Tax Increment Finance District
Economic Development Agencies
Champaign conducts economic development activities through a number of allied organizations.
- The Champaign County Economic Development Corporation provides marketing, site selection and economic development coordination for the region. The EDC also offers counseling and tech consulting for small businesses.
- The Champaign County Convention and Visitors Bureau promotes the county as a convention and tourism destination.
- Champaign County Regional Planning Commission provides a number of small business grants and programs directed at job creation and retention.
- Champaign Center Partnership promotes growth and business development in the center city districts of Downtown, Midtown and Campustown.
City Council members and our Economic Development team also serve on these boards to represent the City and its interests.
- Available Sites – Champaign County EDC (LOIS)
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Champaign County Chamber of Commerce
- Illinois Tourism
- Illinois Department of Revenue – Local Government Division
- Champaign County Regional Plan Commission Financing Programs