Economic Development Division
In addition to a high quality of life and exceptional cultural opportunities, Champaign provides a positive business environment for high technology companies, agricultural and medical research, light industry and distribution facilities, and retail developments.
Champaign promotes economic stability and growth through sound planning and development programs including Industrial Development incentives, Enterprise Zone incentives, Tax Increment Finance Districts, development programs in the downtown and campustown and capital improvements planning and construction.
Incentive Programs and Services
Economic Development Agencies
Champaign conducts economic development activities through a number of allied organizations.
- The Champaign County Economic Development Corporation provides marketing, site selection and economic development coordination for the region. The EDC also offers counseling and tech consulting for small businesses.
- The Champaign County Convention and Visitors Bureau promotes the county as a convention and tourism destination.
- Champaign County Regional Planning Commission provides a number of small business grants and programs directed at job creation and retention.
- Champaign Center Partnership is a member-oriented organization that promotes growth and business development in the center city districts of Downtown, Midtown and Campustown.
- Champaign Chamber of Commerce is a member-oriented organization that connects business owners to resources and services to assist them in growing their business.
City Council members and our Economic Development team also serve on these boards to represent the City and its interests.
- Available Sites – Champaign County EDC (LOIS)
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Illinois Tourism
- Illinois Department of Revenue – Local Government Division
- Champaign County Regional Plan Commission Financing Programs