Downtown Permit Parking Available:
Click on the item below for more information:
- Hill Street Parking Deck
- Downtown Parking Lots
- On-Street Meter
- East Park Street Residential Permit Parking Program
What you need to know
Downtown Parking Permits are available for purchase at the Parking Programs Office located at 702 Edgebrook Drive between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The following is needed at the time of sale:
- Photo ID
- Valid, current Vehicle Registration Card for each vehicle that will be on the permit agreement
- Payment methods: Cash, Check, Credit or Debit (VISA, MasterCard & Discover), or Money Order
- Proof of Residency, if required. See each permit type listed below for the requirements and examples of accepted proof of residency.
All Downtown permits are sold for either six-month or one-year terms. Permits may be returned for a pro-rated refund of the unused portion less a 10% administrative fee. Permits are non-transferable.
Contact the Public Works Department/Parking Office at 217- 403-4700 or email@example.com for current permit availability.
Short-Term Parking Option:
The Go Pass makes parking in the Hill Street Parking Deck fast, easy and convenient for people who visit Downtown often.
Step 1: Purchase a Go Pass at the Parking Programs Office located at 702 Edgebrook Drive, between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Set up a credit card account at the office.
Step 2: Entering the deck. The gates to the Deck will automatically raise when a vehicle with a Go Pass approaches. There is no need to stop and take a ticket. The Go Pass works at all entrance and exit lanes. Go Pass customers can park on Levels 1 – 3.
Step 3: Exiting the deck: As with entry, the gates will automatically raise as a vehicle with a Go Pass approaches. The time parked in the deck will be automatically calculated and the fee charged directly to the customer’s credit card. There is no need to stop at the gate or booth and submit payment.
Long-Term Parking Option:
Hill Street Parking Deck Permits
The following permit options are available in the Hill Street Parking Deck (located at the corner of Hill and Randolph Streets).
|Permit Type||Daytime||Residential||24/7 Premium Reserved|
|Levels 4 & 5||Level 6*||Levels 4 & 5||Level 6*|
|Valid Time(s)||7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday||24 hours/day, everyday||24 hours/day, everyday|
|6 month permit||$300||$180||$420||$300||$660|
Note: above permit rate information is estimated and subject to change.
* Daytime and Residential permits on Level 6 (top level) are offered at a reduced rate than permits for Levels 4 & 5 because these spaces are uncovered and do not offer vehicles protection from the elements.
- Valid Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Unassigned parking located on levels 4, 5 & 6 of the Deck. Permit holders may park at any available space on these levels signed “Permit Parking.” Maps of Levels 4, 5 & 6 are available on the Parking Maps page.
Residential Permits: Residency Requirement
- Available only to residents of Downtown Champaign.
- Proof of residency required upon purchase (for example: copy of lease agreement, property tax bill or utility bill).
- Assigned spaces on levels 4, 5 & 6 of the deck reserved 24/7 for use by the permit holder. Maps of Levels 4, 5 & 6 are available on the Parking Maps page.
24/7 Premium Reserved Permits: No Residency Requirement
- Assigned 24/7 spaces on the ground floor of the deck. A map of Level 1 of the deck is available on the Parking Maps page.
- There is no residency requirement for these permits.
- $4.00 fee is automatically assessed for parking in the Deck for any length of time between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m.
- No permit required.
Permit parking is available in the following off-street locations Downtown. View the getDown brochure map on the Parking Maps page to see the locations for all Downtown parking lots. Click on the lot name for information regarding the type and number of permits in that location. Maps detailing the configuration of each lot are located on the Parking Maps page. Please contact our office to inquire about space availability at 217.403.4700.
|Lot Name||Type of Parking Offered||Permit Monthly Rate|
|Clark & State||Daytime Permit Parking|
(7am to 7pm)
|Hill & Neil||Daytime Permit Parking|
(7am to 7pm)
|Logan & Market||Daytime Permit Parking|
(7am to 7pm)
|Main & Market||Daytime Permit Parking|
(7am to 7pm)
|North First Street||Daytime Permit Parking|
(7am to 7pm)
|Walnut & Washington North End||Daytime Permit Parking|
(7am to 7pm)
|Walnut & Washington South End||Daytime Permit Parking|
(7am to 7pm)
On-street meter permit holders are allowed to park at any available metered space within the designated locations. Permit holders are exempt from meter time limit and payment requirements when the permit is properly displayed.
All on-street meter permits are valid 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays.
|Zone||Designated Locations for Permit Use||Permits Currently Available?||Monthly Rate|
|North Zone||200 N State St|
200 W Church St
200 W Hill St
200 W Park St
300 N State St
|South Zone|| 100 S Randolph St|
200 W Clark St
100 W Clark St
100 S State St
200 S State St
100 W White St
200 W University Ave
The purpose of this residential permit parking program is to ease congestion on the streets in the East Park Street Area so parking is available for residents and visitors. Only vehicles displaying a valid permit may park on the street in the East Park Street Area between 3 a.m. and 10 a.m., Monday through Friday. Residents are eligible to receive a permit to be displayed on the driver’s side rear bumper. There is no fee for a residential permit, but there is a $5.00 fee for replacement of a lost or stolen permit.
The East Park Street Area includes all properties within the following boundaries:
- East of First Street
- South of Washington Street
- West of Wright Street
- North of the alley one-half block north of University Avenue (except for the 100 and 200 blocks of East Park Street)
To Receive a Permit:
Permits are issued from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Friday at the Parking Programs Office. The following information is needed to obtain a permit and may be submitted in person or by mail to 702 Edgebrook Drive, Champaign, IL 61820:
- Completed application
- Copy of the vehicle registration card for each vehicle being issued a permit
- Proof of residency – which may include:
- A vehicle registration that shows an address within the permit area
- A property tax bill (for property owners)
- A current lease agreement (for renters)
- A utility bill
Property Owners: Once every three years.
Every household will be issued six visitor permits annually which can be used for a maximum of one week each. All fields on visitor permits must be filled out in indelible ink prior to use. Improper use and/or display of visitor permits may be ticketed and/or towed. Contact the Parking Programs Office at least a week in advance if you need additional permits or if you need a visitor permit valid for longer than seven days.
The City may issue a waiver of the parking restriction for special events. Contact the Parking Programs Office at least two days prior to the event.
Marked service vehicles may park in the permit area without displaying a permit for a period of time sufficient to perform service for a resident or property owner.