Downtown Visitor Parking
Go to the getDown brochure for more information on visitor parking in Downtown Champaign.
Hill Street Parking Deck:
get down. and park it.
The Hill Street Parking Deck adds more parking spaces in Downtown Champaign. Located at 123 W. Hill Street (with entrances/exits on Hill and Randolph Streets).
- 300 Hourly Visitor Spaces (increases to 500 at 7 p.m. Monday through Friday)
- $.75 per hour from 3 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday ($7.50 daytime maximum)
- No Charge all other times including ALL DAY on Saturdays & Sundays and City Holidays (see complete list under “Metered Parking” below)
- No Time Limits! Stay as long as you want and pay upon exit
- Cash accepted Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Credit & Debit accepted 24/7 (VISA, MasterCard & Discover)
- Save time by using the credit card in/out method. Instead of taking a ticket when you arrive simply put your credit card in. The gate will validate your credit card and return it to you. Then upon exit use the same credit card, the gate will charge your card, return it to you and open.
- Convenient pedestrian access to:
Neil Street (via the M2 breezeway), Randolph Street & Hill Street
- Free Covered Bicycle and Motorcycle Parking
- Free use of the Bicycle Repair Station on the first floor of the northwest corner of the deck.
- Free use of Electric Vehicle Charging Stations (hourly rates apply)
- Located on the 3rd level of the deck
- Three Level 2 Chargers
- One Level 1 Charger
Go Pass is an alternative to permit parking available to people who visit downtown frequently.
Metered parking is available Downtown in various on- and off-street locations and rates vary by location. Parking costs as little as $.25 per hour on the perimeter of Downtown and never more than $.75 per hour, even in the busiest areas.
Payment is required Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Beginning at 5 p..m., you can pay the meter or pay station one time only for as long as you want to park.
Parking is FREE:
- ALL DAY on Saturdays & Sundays
- On City Holidays: New Year’s Day, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- From 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. Monday through Friday. Parking is not allowed from 3 a.m. to 5 a.m. at meters for street & lot cleaning activities.
Overnight parking is available in the Hill Street Parking Deck and in space numbers 6 & 7 in the University & Market Lot.
Maximum Stay at Meters:
Use the color coded meter labels to help you determine where to park depending on the length of your stay (see the getDown brochure for more information):
Red = 30 minutes or less to grab lunch or a cup of coffee to go
Blue = 2 hour maximum for lunch or some light shopping
Orange = 3 or 4 hour maximum for a movie or museum visit
Green = 10 hour maximum for a day-long meeting or outing downtown
Visitor Parking Lots:
Downtown Champaign offers four centrally located visitor parking locations where parking is allowed in different time increments from 30 minutes to all day:
- Hill Street Parking Deck
- Neil & Washington Lot
- University & Market Lot (see below for instructions on using the Pay stations in this lot)
- North First Street Lot
- Meters: Coins, CashKey (cashless way to pay at a meter – go to the CashKey page for more information) and MobileMeter (pay by cell service sign up at www.mobilemeter.us).
MobileMeter: Customers can use the MobileMeter app to pay at City of Champaign parking meters (not available in the Hill Street Parking Deck or at paystations).
- Users can download the app for free at mobilemeter.us the app is available on iOS and Android phones.
- Users may also use the m.mobilemeter.us website to pay or call 217.207.3033.
- MobileMeter users can pay for any length of time at the meter, up to the maximum amount of time allowed per the regulation sticker on the meter.
- There is a $0.25/transaction fee per use.
- Users who load a MobileMeter Wallet to pay for their session, and load $10, will receive $1 free.
- Pay Stations: Two pay stations are located in the University & Market Lot which accept bills, coins, credit or debit (VISA, MasterCard & Discover). To use the Pay Stations:
- Note your stall number
- Proceed to pay station
- Keep your receipt and go to your destination
Please see the Pay Station Guide for additional information.
- Hill Street Parking Deck: Cash, credit, debit (VISA, MasterCard & Discover) and merchant validated tickets.