Street Snow Removal
The Public Works Department is responsible for providing snow and ice control for the City’s streets and parking lots. To help provide this service, the City has developed a Snow and Ice Control Plan.
The goal of the Snow and Ice Control Plan is to make City streets safe and accessible during the winter season.
See how the City prioritizes street cleaning activities. Information on this page includes:
- Plan Details and City’s Response Goals
- City Resources
- Helpful Hints for Citizens and Visitors
- Primary and Secondary Snow Routes
- The seven City Primary Snow Routes
- Streets within City-maintained by Illinois Department of Transportation
Find information here about the materials are used to keep City streets safe.