STAR Awards Ceremony
Thursday, April 21, 2016
Reception – 6:00 pm; Awards Ceremony – 7:00 pm
Hilton Garden Inn
1501 S. Neil Street, Champaign
On Thursday, April 21, 2016, the Neighborhood Services Department and the Neighborhood Services Advisory Board will host the Seventh Annual STAR (Service Together Achieves Results) Awards Ceremony.
The STAR Awards Ceremony, presented by the City of Champaign Neighborhood Services Department and the Neighborhood Services Advisory Board, is held to recognize outstanding civic activities of local citizens, nominated during the STAR Awards nomination period earlier this year, who are working to make the City of Champaign a great place to live, work and play. The 2016 honorees are:
- Community Partner (7 honorees)– Ann’s House, Busey Bank, Community Coalition, Community Plus Federal Credit Union, Emergency Family Shelter, One People, Prosperity Gardens
- Difference Maker (4 honorees)– Rabbi Alan Cook, Jacquelyn Monroe, Joe Muskin, Linda Turnbull
- Good Neighbor (5 honorees)– Staci Britten, Earl Evans, Elizabeth Mulvaney, Luyando Nelson, Eric Stoecker
- Neighborhood Leadership (2 honorees)– Randy Bishop, Steve McDowell
- Neighborhood of the Year (2 honorees)– Clark Park, United Garden Hills NA
- Neighborhood-Community Building (4 honorees)– Champaign Park District, C-U Area Project, Brad Morris, Delores Lloyd
- Rising Star (4 honorees)– Ebony Shackleford, Garden Hills Student Action Group, Nikolas Ramkumar, Nipun Bhatia
This event is open to the public with no admission charge. For more information, visit www.ci.champaign.il.us/star.